What Are The Common Used Car Problems? How Do History Check Help?
If you are in the market shopping for a used car, investing five minutes to read this article may save you hundreds, or even thousands of dollars. Whether you are buying the car from a big dealer, a small dealer, or a private seller there are common problems that you should look for, and if you found either either do not buy the car, or negotiate a lower price to compensate for those problems. Here, the car seller will not provide you with the information, rather you should do your homework, and find the information yourself.
Those problems that a mechanic may not pay attention to such as prior accidents the car got involved in, at least those that were reported to the official authorities, or fixed at a high end repair shop. Odometer rollback is another problem that your mechanic may not spot, but will hurt you on the resale value of the car. You should also look for missing airbags, which is almost impossible to spot unless the covers are taken off. You should not forget about mismatch VIN numbers, and sales that happen at salvage yard auction. The above mentioned problems are not found out until you run a history check on the car through car fax. The report will provide you with powerful information that may make or kill the car deal. Those are including, but not limited to the following.
* Emission testing, and title transfer history.
* Number of owners. Detailed information on the dates the car was sold, leased, rented, or belonged to the government.
* Salvage, and normal auctions and dates the car was sold, including the odometer reading.
* Flood damage, insurance totaling the car.
* Status when the car was sold including auctions, and salvage title if applicable.
* Alerts for odometer rollback. Notify you of the proposed mileage.
* Prior accidents, especially those claimed on insurance.
As you realized, the information is pretty powerful. I killed a car deal even though I did not notice any problem with the car. But the car was 4 years old, and had already witnessed three different owners. This made me wonder if there is a severe problem with the car leading every owner to get rid of the car a year later.
Visit my website if you are looking for Cars in Houston
Aiding the people by providing them the right information about their problems.